About this person
- Infectious diseases
Pelvic floor dysfunction (incontinence, prolapse)
Guri Rørtveit is senior researcher at the Research Unit for General Practice in a 20% position. Her main position is as Head of Department at Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care. She was head of the Research Unit for General Practice in the period 2006-2015. She has been a primary care physician in the period 1993-2015 in Øksnes and Bergen municipalities.
She completed her PhD in 2004 on a registry-based material about pregnancy and childbirth as risk factors for urinary incontinence. She has worked on similar topics together with researchers from Denmark, USA and Ethiopia. Later she has developed projects about infectious diseases in general practice, such as giardia infection and late complications, gastroenteritis, impetigo and influenza. Several of these projects rely on registry-based data.
Guri Rørtveit has for several years worked to establish an infrastructure for clinical research in primary care (practice-based research network). She has been engaged in several political processes and public debates related to general practice in Norway.
- Wesnes, Stian Langeland; Hannestad, Yngvild Skåtun; Rørtveit, Guri Delivery parameters, neonatal parameters and incidence of urinary incontinence six months postpartum: a cohort study.Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica 2017 ; Volume 96 (10). s. 1214-1222
- Litleskare S, Wensaas K-A, Eide GE, Hanevik K, Kahrs GE, Langeland N, Rortveit G Perceived food intolerance and irritable bowel syndrome in a population 3 years after a giardiadiasis-outbreak: A historical cohort study.. 2015.
- Blystad, Astrid; Rørtveit, Guri; Gjerde, Janne Lillelid; Muleta, Mulu; Moland, Karen Marie Strengthening validity in studies of pelvic floor disorders through qualitative research: an example from Ethiopia.International Urogynecology Journal 2017. s. 1-6
- Rørtveit, Guri Uncertainty – at the core of general practice. Invited essay.. Tidsskrift for forskning i sygdom og samfund 2017 ; Volume 27. s. 135-148
- Wensaas, Knut-Arne; Hanevik, Kurt; Hausken, Trygve; Eide, Geir Egil; Langeland, Nina; Mørch, Kristine; Rørtveit, Guri Postinfectious and sporadic functional gastrointestinal disorders have different prevalences and rates of overlap: results from a controlled cohort study 3 years after acute giardiasis. Neurogastroenterology and Motility 2016 ; Volume 28 (10). s. 1561-1569
- Rieper, Olaf; Baldersheim, Harald; Engum, Bjørn Gisle; Krasnik, Allan; Lindgren, Björn; Ohnstad, Bente Marie; Rørtveit, Guri; Sommerset, Inger-Marie Evaluering av samhandlingsreformen : Sluttrapport fra styringsgruppen for forskningsbasert følgeevaluering av samhandlingsreformen (EVASAM). Norges forskningsråd 2016. (ISBN 978-82-12-03524-9) 79 pages
- Simonsen, Kristian Anton; Rørtveit, Guri The 2009 influenza pandemic in primary care. Clinical manifestations, attitudes and utilisation of services. Universitetet i Bergen 2015. (ISBN 978-82-308-2678-2)
- Guri Rørtveit Fastlegene trenger forskning! …og det gjør pasientenes deres også.. 2017.
- Emberland, Knut Erik; Rørtveit, Guri Norske helsedata - en utilgjengelig skatt. 2016.
- Rørtveit, Guri Primary care research in Norway: going in the right direction. 2017.
- Emberland, Knut Erik; Wensaas, Knut-Arne; Litleskare, Sverre; Rørtveit, Guri Gastroenteritis in primary care in Norway 2006-2015: encounters in general practice and out-of-hours services. 2017.
- Litleskare, Sverre; Rørtveit, Guri; Eide, Geir Egil; Emberland, Knut Erik; Hanevik, Kurt; Langeland, Nina; Wensaas, Knut-Arne Irritable bowel syndrome, chronic fatigue and quality of life ten years after a Giardia lamblia epidemic in Norway 2004. 2017.
Bergen giardiasis outbreak – Sick leave before and after acute giardiasisJuly 1, 2013 | Uni Research Health
Children as next of kin and the General PractitionerResults Aug. 1, 2010 | Uni Research Health
Gastroenteritis in primary care in Norway: encounters in general practice and out-of-hours services, use of antibiotics, and infectious disease control.June 1, 2017 | Uni Research Health
Incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse in EthiopiaResults Jan. 1, 2010 | Uni Research Health
Long-term complications following the Giardia outbreak in Bergen in 2004Results Sept. 1, 2014 | Uni Research Health
Urinary tract infections in general practice 2006-2017Jan. 1, 2018 | Uni Research Health