About this person
- Infectious diseases
Pelvic floor dysfunction (incontinence, prolapse)
Guri Rørtveit is senior researcher at the Research Unit for General Practice in a 20% position. Her main position is as Head of Department at Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care. She was head of the Research Unit for General Practice in the period 2006-2015. She has been a primary care physician in the period 1993-2015 in Øksnes and Bergen municipalities.
She completed her PhD in 2004 on a registry-based material about pregnancy and childbirth as risk factors for urinary incontinence. She has worked on similar topics together with researchers from Denmark, USA and Ethiopia. Later she has developed projects about infectious diseases in general practice, such as giardia infection and late complications, gastroenteritis, impetigo and influenza. Several of these projects rely on registry-based data.
Guri Rørtveit has for several years worked to establish an infrastructure for clinical research in primary care (practice-based research network). This project has now received funding from the Research Council and is in the initial phase. She has been engaged in several political processes and public debates related to general practice in Norway.
- Haukenes, Inger; Gjesdal, Sturla; Rørtveit, Guri; Riise, Trond; Mæland, John Gunnar Women’s higher likelihood of disability pension: the role of health, family and work. A 5-7 years follow-up from the Hordaland Health Study. BMC Public Health 2012 ; Volume 12.
- Wesnes, Stian Langeland; Hannestad, Yngvild Skåtun; Rørtveit, Guri Delivery parameters, neonatal parameters and incidence of urinary incontinence six months postpartum: a cohort study.Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica 2017 ; Volume 96 (10). s. 1214-1222
- Litleskare S, Wensaas K-A, Eide GE, Hanevik K, Kahrs GE, Langeland N, Rortveit G Perceived food intolerance and irritable bowel syndrome in a population 3 years after a giardiadiasis-outbreak: A historical cohort study.. 2015.
- Litleskare, Sverre; Rørtveit, Guri; Eide, Geir Egil; Hanevik, Kurt; Langeland, Nina; Wensaas, Knut-Arne Prevalence of irritable bowel syndrome and chronic fatigue 10 years after giardia infection. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2018 ; Volume 16 (7). s. 1064-1072
- Gjerde, Janne Lillelid; Rørtveit, Guri; Adefris, Mulat; Belayneh, Tadesse; Blystad, Astrid Life after pelvic organ prolapse surgery: A qualitative study in Amhara region, Ethiopia. BMC Women's Health 2018 ; Volume 18 (74). s. 1-8
- Rieper, Olaf; Baldersheim, Harald; Engum, Bjørn Gisle; Krasnik, Allan; Lindgren, Björn; Ohnstad, Bente Marie; Rørtveit, Guri; Sommerset, Inger-Marie Evaluering av samhandlingsreformen : Sluttrapport fra styringsgruppen for forskningsbasert følgeevaluering av samhandlingsreformen (EVASAM). Norges forskningsråd 2016. (ISBN 978-82-12-03524-9) 79 pages
- Simonsen, Kristian Anton; Rørtveit, Guri The 2009 influenza pandemic in primary care. Clinical manifestations, attitudes and utilisation of services. Universitetet i Bergen 2015. (ISBN 978-82-308-2678-2)
- Guri Rørtveit Fastlegene trenger forskning! …og det gjør pasientenes deres også.. 2017.
- Emberland, Knut Erik; Rørtveit, Guri Norske helsedata - en utilgjengelig skatt. 2016.
- Rørtveit, Guri Primary care research in Norway: going in the right direction. 2017.
- Emberland, Knut Erik; Wensaas, Knut-Arne; Litleskare, Sverre; Rørtveit, Guri Gastroenteritis in primary care in Norway 2006-2015: encounters in general practice and out-of-hours services. 2017.
- Litleskare, Sverre; Rørtveit, Guri; Eide, Geir Egil; Emberland, Knut Erik; Hanevik, Kurt; Langeland, Nina; Wensaas, Knut-Arne Irritable bowel syndrome, chronic fatigue and quality of life ten years after a Giardia lamblia epidemic in Norway 2004. 2017.
Bergen giardiasis outbreak – Sick leave before and after acute giardiasisJuly 1, 2013 | Uni Research Health
Children as next of kin and the General PractitionerResults Aug. 1, 2010 | Uni Research Health
Gastroenteritis in primary care in Norway: encounters in general practice and out-of-hours services, use of antibiotics, and infectious disease control.June 1, 2017 | Uni Research Health
Long-term complications following the Giardia outbreak in Bergen in 2004Results Sept. 1, 2014 | Uni Research Health
Practice-based research network in primary careJan. 1, 2018 | Uni Research Health
Urinary tract infections in general practice 2006-2017Jan. 1, 2018 | Uni Research Health