About this person
2009 PhD, Department of Biology, University of Florida, USA
I am a terrestrial biogeochemist interested in the feedback cycles of global climate change and ecosystem carbon cycles. My work focuses on understanding changes in ecosystem C balance and its climate feedback under thawing permafrost and changes in functional dynamics of ecosystem under climate change. My primary strength in research is in combining novel methods in field, laboratory, statistics, and Earth system modeling to understand the role of climate change feedbacks in the Earth system carbon cycling.
- Lee, Hanna; Velle, Liv Guri; Vandvik, Vigdis Skogplanting har skjulte kostnader. Energi og Klima : Norsk klimastiftelses nettmagasin 2017.
- Tjiputra, Jerry; Grini, Alf; Lee, Hanna Impact of idealized future stratospheric aerosol injection on the large-scale ocean and land carbon cycles. Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences 2016 ; Volume 121 (1). s. 2-27
- Lee, Hanna; Swenson, Sean C.; Slater, Andrew G.; Lawrence, David M. Effects of excess ground ice on projections of permafrost in a warming climate.Environmental Research Letters 2014 ; Volume 9 (12:124006).
- Velle, Liv Guri; Grimsrud, Kristine M.; Jansen, Eystein; Lee, Hanna; Sobolowski, Stefan Pieter; Tvinnereim, Endre; Vandvik, Vigdis Hidden costs of implementing afforestation as a climate mitigation strategy: A comprehensive assessment of direct and indirect impacts.. 2017.
- Lee, Hanna Representing the Terrestrial Role in the Climate System. 2017.
- Christiansen, Casper Tai; Lee, Hanna Advancing permafrost carbon climate feedback – improvements and evaluations of the Norwegian Earth System Model with observations (FEEDBACK). 2017.
- Christiansen, Casper Tai; Lee, Hanna Advancing permafrost carbon climate feedback. 2017.
- Fan, Yuanchao; Lee, Hanna; Ekici, Altug Modeling biophysical and biogeochemical processes in vulnerable ecosystems under global climate change: thawing permafrost landscapes in the Arctic. 2017.
EVA - Earth system modelling of climate Variations in the AnthropoceneJan. 1, 2014 - Dec. 31, 2017 | Uni Research Climate
FEEDBACK - Advancing permafrost carbon climate feedback – improvements and evaluations of the Norwegian Earth System Model with observationsJan. 1, 2016 - Sept. 30, 2019 | Uni Research Climate
FunCAB - The role of Functional group interactions in mediating climate change impacts on the Carbon dynamics and Biodiversity of alpine ecosystemsMay 1, 2015 - April 30, 2019 | Uni Research Climate
Hidden costs of implementing afforestation as a climate mitigation strategy: A comprehensive assessment of direct and indirect impacts (HiddenCosts)Jan. 1, 2017 - Dec. 31, 2020 | Uni Research Climate
PERMANOR - Permafrost landscapes in transformation - from local-scale processes to the global model NorESMApril 1, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2019 | Uni Research Climate