About this person
- Cancer in primary care
- Infections in primary care
Knut-Arne Wensaas graduated with a medical degree from the University of Bergen in 1993. He acquired clinical speciality in family medicine in 2001 and is working as a general practitioner at Kalfaret legesenter in Bergen.
He defended his Ph.D. thesis in 2011 «Giardiasis in Bergen – Outbreak and clinical consequences». Currently he holds a 50% position as senior researcher on his post doctorate project «Irritable bowel syndrome and chronic fatigue following infection with Giardia lamblia. Premorbid factors and long-term consequences». He is also Associate professor at the Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care, University of Bergen, and an Honorary Senior Research Fellow at Durham University, UK.
Knut-Arne Wensaas is the leader of the Network Group for Gastroenterology of the Norwegian College of General Practice and member of the council and former chairman of the European Society for Primary Care Gastroenterology.
His research interests include infectious disease, gastrointestinal diseases, medically unexplained disorders and primary care epidemiology.
- Litleskare S, Wensaas K-A, Eide GE, Hanevik K, Kahrs GE, Langeland N, Rortveit G Perceived food intolerance and irritable bowel syndrome in a population 3 years after a giardiadiasis-outbreak: A historical cohort study.. 2015.
- Litleskare, Sverre; Rørtveit, Guri; Eide, Geir Egil; Hanevik, Kurt; Langeland, Nina; Wensaas, Knut-Arne Prevalence of irritable bowel syndrome and chronic fatigue 10 years after giardia infection. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2018 ; Volume 16 (7). s. 1064-1072
- Bakken, Inger Johanne; Wensaas, Knut-Arne; Grøneng, Gry Marysol; Fretheim, Atle; Stoltenberg, Camilla; Klepp, Knut Inge; Håberg, Siri Eldevik; Øverland, Simon Nygaard Russefeiring og eksamenstid – bruk av fastlege og legevakt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening 2017 ; Volume 137 (10). s. 713-716
- Bakken, Inger Johanne; Wensaas, Knut-Arne; Furu, Kari; Grøneng, Gry Marysol; Stoltenberg, Camilla; Øverland, Simon Nygaard; Håberg, Siri Eldevik Legesøkning og legemiddeluttak etter innføring av nye fraværsregler.Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening 2017 ; Volume 137 (16).
- Mujagic, Zlatan; Jonkers, Daisy M.A.E.; Hungin, A. Pali S.; De Wit, Niek J.; Wensaas, Knut-Arne; Palka, Margaret; Leeters, Vico; Kruimel, Joanna W.; Leue, Carsten; Masclee, Ad A.M.; Muris, Jean W.M. Use of Rome criteria for the diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome in primary care: a survey among European countries.European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepathology 2017 ; Volume 29 (6). s. 651-656
- Wensaas, Knut-Arne New Era for Clinical Research in Primary Care. I: The World book of family medicine - European edition. Ljubljana: Stichting WONCA Europe 2015 ISBN 9789612819842.. pages 300-302
- Wensaas, Knut-Arne Efficacy and Cost-Effectiveness of Alendronate for the Prevention of Fractures in Postmenopausal Women in Norway.. Knowledge Centre for the Health Services at The Norwegian Institute of Public Health 2017.
- Emberland, Knut Erik; Wensaas, Knut-Arne; Litleskare, Sverre; Rørtveit, Guri Gastroenteritis in primary care in Norway 2006-2015: encounters in general practice and out-of-hours services. 2017.
- Litleskare, Sverre; Rørtveit, Guri; Eide, Geir Egil; Emberland, Knut Erik; Hanevik, Kurt; Langeland, Nina; Wensaas, Knut-Arne Irritable bowel syndrome, chronic fatigue and quality of life ten years after a Giardia lamblia epidemic in Norway 2004. 2017.
- Wensaas, Knut-Arne; Rørtveit, Guri; Litleskare, Sverre; Emberland, Knut Erik Management of gastrointestinal infections in the Nordic countries. 2017.
- Emberland, Knut Erik; Wensaas, Knut-Arne; Litleskare, Sverre; Rørtveit, Guri Gastroenteritis in Norway 2006-2015: consultations in primary care. 2017.
- Wensaas, Knut-Arne; Redmond, N; Turnbull, S; Christensen, H; Thornton, H; Peters, T; Blair, P; Heron, J; Hay, Alastair D. Post consultation symptom duration in children with acute cough and respiratory tract infection: prospective cohort study. 2017.
Bergen giardiasis outbreak – Sick leave before and after acute giardiasisJuly 1, 2013 | Uni Research Health
Gastroenteritis in primary care in Norway: encounters in general practice and out-of-hours services, use of antibiotics, and infectious disease control.June 1, 2017 | Uni Research Health
Long-term complications following the Giardia outbreak in Bergen in 2004Results Sept. 1, 2014 | Uni Research Health
Urinary tract infections in general practice 2006-2017Jan. 1, 2018 | Uni Research Health