About this person
Dr. Elenius' research interests include environmental applications to multiphase and miscible porous media flow and reactive transport. Her work focuses on numerical and analytical modeling approaches that give new insights to the risk assessment and mitigation related to geological storage of carbon dioxide, and to remediation of contaminated groundwater. Dr. Elenius has 15 years combined experience from consulting and research in these topics. She got her PhD in Mathematics from the University of Bergen in 2011, with thesis “Convective mixing in geological carbon storage”. In August 2015, she returned as a Senior Researcher to Uni Research CIPR, after completing a postdoctoral fellowship with Professor Linda Abriola at Tufts University in Boston.
Publications, Uni Research CIPR below. For full list, please see link to CV above.
- Gasda, Sarah Eileen; Wangen, Magnus; Bjørnarå, Tore Ingvald; Elenius, Maria Investigation of Caprock Integrity Due to Pressure Build-up during High-volume Injection into the Utsira Formation. Energy Procedia 2017 ; Volume 114. s. 3157-3166
- Elenius, Maria; Nordbotten, Jan Martin; Kalisch, Henrik Convective mixing influenced by the capillary transition zone. Computational Geosciences 2014 ; Volume 18 (431). s. 417-431
- Elenius, Maria; Gasda, Sarah Eileen Convective mixing in formations with horizontal barriers. Advances in Water Resources 2013 ; Volume 62. s. 499-510
- Elenius, Maria; Johannsen, Klaus On the time scales of nonlinear instability in miscible displacement porous media flow. Computational Geosciences 2012 ; Volume 16 (4). s. 901-911
- Elenius, Maria; Nordbotten, Jan Martin; Kalisch, Henrik Effects of a capillary transition zone on the stability of a diffusive boundary layer. IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics 2012 ; Volume 77 (6). s. 771-787
- Elenius, Maria; Kaufmann, Roland; Pettersson, Per; Aavatsmark, Ivar Skade Case Study. Technical Report no. UC45/2016.. Uni Research 2016. 36 pages
- Elenius, Maria; Gasda, Sarah Eileen; Kaufmann, Roland; Pettersson, Per; Aavatsmark, Ivar Final report LCSANS, Report no UC 43/2016. Uni Research CIPR 2016. 5 pages
- Elenius, Maria; Gasda, Sarah Eileen; Kaufmann, Roland; Pettersson, Per; Aavatsmark, Ivar Simulation recommendations for CO2 storage, Report no UC 44/2016. Uni Research CIPR 2016. 5 pages
- Elenius, Maria Convective mixing in geological carbon storage. University of Bergen 2011. (ISBN 978-82-308-1890-9)
- Gasda, Sarah Eileen; Aavatsmark, Ivar; Elenius, Maria; Wangen, Magnus; Bjørnarå, Tore Ingvald Upscaled deformation models for large-scale CO2 storage. 2017.
- Gasda, Sarah Eileen; Elenius, Maria Minisymposium: CO2-hydrocarbon interactions for CO2 storage in EOR/EGR reservoirs. 2017.
- Elenius, Maria; Gasda, Sarah Eileen; Aavatsmark, Ivar Convective mixing driven by non-monotonic density. 2017.
- Elenius, Maria; Gasda, Sarah Eileen; Aavatsmark, Ivar Instability with non-monotonic density functions. 2017.
- Elenius, Maria; Hellevang, Helge; Skurtveit, Elin; Yurushina, Viktoriya; Baig, Irfan; Sundal, Anja; Wangen, Magnus; Landschulze, Karin; Gasda, Sarah Eileen; Kaufmann, Roland; Pettersson, Per; Aavatsmark, Ivar Workflow for assessment of storage based on sparse data: Skade. 2017.
Efficient models for Microbially Induced CAlcite Precipitation as a seal for CO2 storage (Project MICAP)Uni Research CIPR
Fundamentals of CO2-Hydrocarbon Interactions for CO2 storage with EOR/EGR in offshore reservoirs: modeling, numerical methods and upscaling "CHI"Jan. 1, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2019 | Uni Research CIPR
Understanding of CO2 dissolution in oil by convection-driven mixing and wettability alteration (UNCOVER)Jan. 1, 2017 - Dec. 31, 2020 | Uni Research CIPR