About this person
Dr Stijn De Schepper is a principal scientist at Uni Research Climate and the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research in Bergen, Norway. He obtained his PhD from the University of Cambridge (UK) and worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Bremen (Germany) and University of Bergen (Norway). His research interests include Arctic sea ice evolution and variability, past warm climates, Neogene to Quaternary paleoceanography and stratigraphy. He employs a range of paleoceanographic methods including marine palynology, geochemistry, organic biomarkers and ancient DNA.
He is the principal investigator for aDNAPROX (2017–2019), a RCN-project that investigates the potential of environmental ancient DNA as proxy for sea ice reconstructions. He was the principal investigator for the RCN-project Pliocene East Greenland Current and Sea Ice Evolution (2014–2017).
- Boyd, Jamie L.; Riding, James B.; Pound, Mattthew J.; De Schepper, Stijn; Ivanovic, Ruza F.; Haywood, Alan M.; Wood, Stephanie E.L. The relationship between Neogene dinoflagellate cysts and global climate dynamics. Earth-Science Reviews 2018 ; Volume 177. s. 366-385
- Clotten, Caroline; Stein, Ruediger; Fahl, Kirsten; De Schepper, Stijn Seasonal sea ice cover during the warm Pliocene: Evidence from the Iceland Sea (ODP Site 907). Earth and Planetary Science Letters 2018 ; Volume 481. s. 61-72
- Matthiessen, Jens; Schreck, Michael; De Schepper, Stijn; Zorzi, Coralie; de Vernal, Anne Quaternary dinoflagellate cysts in the Arctic Ocean: Potential and limitations for stratigraphy and paleoenvironmental reconstructions.Quaternary Science Reviews 2018 ; Volume 192. s. 1-26
- Hennissen, Jan; Head, Martin J.; De Schepper, Stijn; Groeneveld, Jeroen Dinoflagellate cyst paleoecology during the Pliocene–Pleistocene climatic transition in the North Atlantic. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 2017 ; Volume 470. s. 81-108
- Tan, Ning; Ramstein, Gilles; Dunas, Christophe; Contoux, Camille; Ladant, Jean-Baptiste; Sepulchre, Pierre; Zhang, Zhongshi; De Schepper, Stijn Exploring the MIS M2 glaciation occurring during a warm and high atmospheric CO2 Pliocene background climate.Earth and Planetary Science Letters 2017 ; Volume 472. s. 266-276
- Clotten, Caroline; De Schepper, Stijn Pliocene sea ice evolution in the Iceland and Labrador Sea – A biomarker approach. University of Bergen 2017. (ISBN 978-82-308-3888-4)
- Ray, Jessica Louise; Larsen, Aud; Troedsson, Christofer; Thompson, Eric; Lanzén, Anders; Lekang, Katrine; Allan, Bridie Jean Marie; Jonassen, Inge; Hadziavdic, Kenan; Simonelli, Paolo; Nejstgaard, Jens Christian; Dahlgren, Thomas Gunnar; De Schepper, Stijn; Sazhin, Andrey; Jakobsen, Hans Henrik; Sadatzki, Henrik; Stenevik, Erling Kåre Ongoing activities with eDNA as a monitoring tool in high-latitude marine ecosystems. 2018.
- Ray, Jessica Louise; De Schepper, Stijn; Strømsøe, Jørund Raukleiv; Sadatzki, Henrik; Skaar, Katrine Sandnes; Larsen, Aud; Ijaz, Umer Z. Late Quaternary sea ice reconstructions in the Greenland Sea using sedimentary ancient DNA. 2018.
- Ray, Jessica Louise; Skaar, Katrine Sandnes; Sadatzki, Henrik; Larsen, Aud; Troedsson, Christofer; De Schepper, Stijn Sea Ice Reconstructions Using Ancient DNA. 2018.
- De Schepper, Stijn; Minich, Alexandra Interview for a media report on climate in Správy RTVS. 2018.
- De Schepper, Stijn; Clotten, Caroline; Fahl, Kirsten; Stein, Ruediger Arctic Sea Ice Export during the Globally Warm Pliocene. 2018.
aDNAPROX – Environmental ancient DNA as proxy for sea ice reconstructionsApril 1, 2017 - Sept. 30, 2019 | Uni Research Climate