About this person
Trond Mannseth’s current research area is inverse problems within the geosciences, particularly method development and assessment for reservoir history matching and geophysical monitoring of fluid flows in the subsurface. His current focus is on ensemble-based methods, multi-level methods, and advanced parameterization methods. He holds a PhD in applied mathematics from the University of Bergen (1986).
- Fossum, Kristian; Mannseth, Trond Coarse-scale data assimilation as a generic alternative to localization. Computational Geosciences 2017 ; Volume 21 (1). s. 167-186
- Tveit, Svenn; Bakr, Shaaban; Lien, Martha; Mannseth, Trond Identification of subsurface structures using electromagnetic data and shape priors. Journal of Computational Physics 2015 ; Volume 284. s. 505-527
- Fossum, Kristian; Mannseth, Trond Assessment of ordered sequential data assimilation.Computational Geosciences 2015 ; Volume 19 (4). s. 821-844
- Mannseth, Trond Comparison of five different ways to assimilate data for a simplistic weakly nonlinear parameter estimation problem.Computational Geosciences 2015.
- Hvidevold, Hilde Kristine; Alendal, Guttorm; Johannessen, Truls; Ali, Alfatih Omer Mohammed Ahmed; Mannseth, Trond; Avlesen, Helge Layout of CCS monitoring infrastructure with highest probability of detecting a footprint of a CO2 leak in a varying marine environment.International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 2015 ; Volume 37. s. 274-279
- Tveit, Svenn; Mannseth, Trond Inversion of CSEM Data for Subsurface Structure Identification and Numerical Assessment of the Upstream Mobility Scheme. University of Bergen 2015. (ISBN 978-82-308-2670-6) 260 pages
- Fossum, Kristian; Mannseth, Trond Assessment of Sequential and Simultaneous Ensemble-based History Matching Methods for Weakly Non-linear Problems. University of Bergen 2015. (ISBN 978-82-308-2711-6)
- Mannseth, Trond; Kristian, Fossum Assimilating Spatially Dense Data for Subsurface Applications - Balancing Information and Degrees of Freedom. 2017.
- Mannseth, Trond; Fossum, Kristian; Stordal, Andreas S. Generic approaches to reducing data-assimilation Monte-Carlo error for subsurface applications. 2017.
- Fossum, Kristian; Mannseth, Trond; Stordal, Andreas S. Multi-level ensemble based data assimilation. 2017.
- Soldal, Magnus; Sauvin, Guillaume; Park, Joonsang; Mannseth, Trond; Tveit, Svenn; Agersborg, Remy; Aagaard, Per; Mondol, Nazmul Haque Geophysical monitoring for offshore CO2 storage combined with rock physics lab data(based on SUCCESS WP3 final report Geophysics). 2017.
- Mannseth, Trond; Fossum, Kristian; Oliver, Dean Seismic data spatial richness: challenges and solution alternatives for ensemble-based history matching. 2016.
4D Seismic History MatchingJan. 1, 2015 - Dec. 31, 2018 | Uni Research CIPR
Protection of Caprock Integrity for Large-Scale CO2 Storage "PROTECT"Uni Research CIPR