About this person
I'm physical oceanographer by training and received my PhD at University of Bergen in 2012.
Since 2004, I've been involved in climate model development and preparation of output for Intergovermental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports, coordinated by the Climate Model Intercomparison Project (CMIP).
My main research interests are high latitude processes and dynamics, atmosphere-ocean-ice interaction, paleoclimate modelling, climate change attribution and projection, and seasonal-to-decadal climate prediction. I have a specific interest in volcanic influence on 21st Century climate.
- Kimmritz, Madlen; Counillon, Francois; Bitz, Cecilia M.; Massonnet, François; Bethke, Ingo; Gao, Yongqi Optimising assimilation of sea ice concentration in an Earth system model with a multicategory sea ice model. Tellus. Series A, Dynamic meteorology and oceanography 2018 ; Volume 70. s. 1-23
- Saeed, Fahad; Bethke, Ingo; Fischer, Erich; Legutke, Stephanie; Shiogama, Hideo; Stone, Dáithí A.; Schleussner, Carl-Friedrich Robust changes in tropical rainy season length at 1.5°C and 2°C. Environmental Research Letters 2018 ; Volume 13 (6).
- Lee, Donghyun; Min, Seung-Ki; Fischer, Erich; Shiogama, Hideo; Bethke, Ingo; Lierhammer, Ludwig; Scinocca, John F. Impacts of half a degree additional warming on the Asian summer monsoon rainfall characteristics. Environmental Research Letters 2018 ; Volume 13 (4).
- Li, Camille; Michel, Clio; Graff, Lise Seland; Bethke, Ingo; Zappa, Guiseppe; Bracegirdle, Thomas J.; Fischer, Erich; Harvey, Ben J.; Iversen, Trond; King, Martin Peter; Krishnan, Harinarayan; Lierhammer, Ludwig; Mitchell, Daniel; Scinocca, John; Shiogama, Hideo; Stone, Dáithí A.; Wettstein, Justin Midlatitude atmospheric circulation responses under 1.5°C and 2.0°C warming and implications for regional impacts. Earth System Dynamics 2018 ; Volume 9 (2). s. 359-382
- Svendsen, Lea; Keenlyside, Noel; Bethke, Ingo; Gao, Yongqi; Omrani, Nour-Eddine Pacific contribution to the early twentieth-century warming in the Arctic.Nature Climate Change 2018 ; Volume 8. s. 793-797
- Bethke, Ingo; Bentsen, Mats; Drange, Helge; Lohmann, K; Lygre, Kjetil; Otterå, Odd Helge; Suo, Lingling D4.1-16 - Potential predictability of long-term anomalies from ensemble integrations with the global model BCM. EU DG Environment 2010.
- Michel, Clio; Li, Camille; Graff, Lise Seland; Zappa, Giuseppe; Bethke, Ingo; Iversen, Trond; Mitchell, Daniel Assessing the impacts of mid-latitude circulation changes under +1.5ºC and +2ºC warming. 2018.
- Keenlyside, Noel; Demissie, Teferi Dejene; Koseki, Shunya; Svendsen, Lea; Bethke, Ingo Tropical Atlantic model error and regional projections of climate change. 2018.
- Saeed, Fahad; Bethke, Ingo; Shiogama, Hideo; Fischer, Erich; Schleussner, Carl-Friedrich Robust changes in tropical rainy season length at 1.5°C. 2018.
- Min, Seung-Ki; Lee, Donghyun; Fischer, Erich; Shiogama, Hideo; Bethke, Ingo; Lierhammer, Ludwig; Scinocca, John Impacts of half a degree additional warming on the Asian monsoon rainfall and extremes. 2018.
- Bethke, Ingo; Outten, Stephen; Otterå, Odd Helge; Hawkins, Ed; Wagner, Sebastian; Sigl, Michael; Thorne, Peter Potential volcanism in future climate impact assessment. 2018.
STERCP - Synchronisation to enhance reliability of climate predictionsSept. 1, 2015 - Aug. 31, 2020 | Uni Research Climate