About this person
I'm physical oceanographer by training and received my PhD at University of Bergen in 2012.
Since 2004, I've been involved in climate model development and preparation of output for Intergovermental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports, coordinated by the Climate Model Intercomparison Project (CMIP).
My main research interests are high latitude processes and dynamics, atmosphere-ocean-ice interaction, paleoclimate modelling, climate change attribution and projection, and seasonal-to-decadal climate prediction. I have a specific interest in volcanic influence on 21st Century climate.
- Mitchell, Daniel A.; AchutaRao, Krishna; Allen, Myles; Bethke, Ingo; Beyerle, Urs; Ciavarella, Andrew; Forster, Piers M.; Fuglestvedt, Jan S.; Gillett, Nathan; Haustein, Karsten; Ingram, William; Iversen, Trond; Kharin, Viatcheslav; Klingaman, Nicholas; Massey, Neil; Fischer, Erich; Schleussner, Carl-Friedrich; Scinocca, John; Seland, Øyvind; Shiogama, Hideo; Shuckburgh, Emily; Sparrow, Sarah; Stone, Dáithí A.; Uhe, Peter; Wallom, David; Wehner, Michael; Zaaboul, Rashyd Half a degree additional warming, prognosis and projected impacts (HAPPI): Background and experimental design. Geoscientific Model Development 2017 ; Volume 10 (2). s. 571-583
- Gharamti, Mohamad El; Tjiputra, Jerry; Bethke, Ingo; Samuelsen, Annette; Skjelvan, Ingunn; Bentsen, Mats; Bertino, Laurent Ensemble data assimilation for ocean biogeochemical state and parameter estimation at different sites. Ocean Modelling 2017 ; Volume 112. s. 65-89
- Wang, Yiguo; Counillon, Francois; Bethke, Ingo; Keenlyside, Noel; Bocquet, Marc; Shen, Mao-Lin Optimising assimilation of hydrographic profiles into isopycnal ocean models with ensemble data assimilation. Ocean Modelling 2017 ; Volume 114. s. 33-44
- Suo, Lingling; Gao, Yongqi; Guo, Dong; Bethke, Ingo Sea-ice free Arctic contributes to the projected warming minimum in North Atlantic.Environmental Research Letters 2017 (7). s. 1-8
- Koseki, Shunya; Keenlyside, Noel; Demissie, Teferi Dejene; Toniazzo, Thomas; Counillon, Francois; Bethke, Ingo; Ilicak, Mehmet; Shen, Mao-Lin Causes of the large warm bias in the Angola–Benguela Frontal Zone in the Norwegian Earth System Model.Climate Dynamics 2017.
- Bethke, Ingo; Bentsen, Mats; Drange, Helge; Lohmann, K; Lygre, Kjetil; Otterå, Odd Helge; Suo, Lingling D4.1-16 - Potential predictability of long-term anomalies from ensemble integrations with the global model BCM. EU DG Environment 2010.
- Guo, Chuncheng; Nisancioglu, Kerim Hestnes; Bentsen, Mats; Bethke, Ingo; Zhang, Zhongshi NorESM simulations of Marine Isotope Stage 3 climates. 2017.
- Guo, Chuncheng; Bentsen, Mats; Nisancioglu, Kerim Hestnes; Bethke, Ingo; Ilicak, Mehmet; Toniazzo, Thomas; Otterå, Odd Helge; Zhang, Zhongshi Glacial and interglacial simulations with NorESM BCCR fast version. 2017.
- Bethke, Ingo; Thorne, Peter; Outten, Stephen; Hawkins, Ed; Wagner, Sebastian; Sigl, Michael; Otterå, Odd Helge A role for volcanoes in future climate assessments?. 2017.
- Guo, Chuncheng; Nisancioglu, Kerim Hestnes; Bentsen, Mats; Bethke, Ingo; Zhang, Zhongshi Simulating the climate of Marine Isotope Stage 3. 2017.
- Sigl, Michael; Bethke, Ingo; Gao, Chaochao; Ludlow, Francis; Manning, Joe G. Volcanic eruptions cast shadow over monsoon precipitation and water availability: assessing the risks arising from future eruptions on low-latitude hydroclimate with the help of polar ice cores. 2017.
STERCP - Synchronisation to enhance reliability of climate predictionsSept. 1, 2015 - Aug. 31, 2020 | Uni Research Climate